Al-Jabartī Abd. 2009. Al-Jabartī’s History of Egypt: Edited and With an Introduction by Jane Hathaway. Edited by Jane Hathaway. Princeton Series on the Middle East . 1st Markus Wiener Publishers ed. Princeton, NJ: Markus Wiener Publishers.
- Hathaway, Jane. 2005. Beshir Agha: Chief Eunuch of the Ottoman Imperial Harem. Makers of the Muslim World. Oxford: Oneworld, 2005.
- Hathaway, Jane, ed. 2001. Rebellion, Repression, Reinvention: Mutiny in Comparative Perspective. Westport, CT and London: Praeger.
- Hathaway, Jane. 1997. The Politics of Households in Ottoman Egypt: The Rise of the Qazdaglis. Cambridge Studies in Islamic Civilization. Cambridge and New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Hathaway, Jane. 2003. A Tale of Two Factions: Myth, Memory, and Identity in Ottoman Egypt and Yemen. SUNY Series in the Social and Economic History of the Middle East. Albany: State University of New York.
- Hathaway, Jane. 2018. The Chief Eunuch of the Ottoman Harem: From African Slave to Power Broker. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.